Wednesday, March 1, 2023

Falling in Love with Everything

"Home"
8" x 10" watercolor
on Arches 100% cold press paper

Here's what I fell in love with while I painted this entrance to the home of some family members: the rosemary bush in full bloom, the contrast in texture of the cactus behind it, the reflection of the sky in the door, and the shadows under the roof tiles. Oh yes, the red steps. And the filigree on the door and the street number.

Because I love the people who live inside this home, it makes sense that I loved painting their entrance.

But I also like the way painting keeps me in love with...well, pretty much everything.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

More About the Sally Project

I met Sally forty years ago when I was twenty and she was the one in her sixties. I was a waitress at a Howard Johnson’s restaurant on...