Thursday, March 2, 2023

Lucky

 

Leaning Cypress near Crown Memorial State Beach 
Ink and Watercolor 
in 8" x 8" Stillman & Birn Zeta Series softcover sketchbook

Yesterday the world felt new because of sunshine after so many cloudy, rainy, chilly days (most of February). As I came upon this scene, I had a little moment of lovely transcendence because of the contrast of the dark, leaning cypress against the sliver of silver in the water and the white clouds just above the horizon. I mean, I was arrested, people!

That's what nature's beauty does to me. Others have many skills and powers that I do not, but I know not everyone has this special super-power of enjoying nature so deeply. I feel so lucky. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

More About the Sally Project

I met Sally forty years ago when I was twenty and she was the one in her sixties. I was a waitress at a Howard Johnson’s restaurant on...