Sunday, March 7, 2021

Roy's Flowers Revisited

Roy's Flowers, Take 4
7x7" ink and watercolor on Stonehenge Aqua 100% Hot Press Paper

Now this is what I'm talking about. Still wasn't quite satisfied with Take 3, so I tried the composition one more time, this time with bold ink lines (using a stick and permanent black acrylic ink) but using a similar palette (Daniel Smth phthalo blue, ultramarine blue, hansa yellow light, and quin magenta, plus pops of mission permanent yellow deep (looks orange) and permanent magenta. 

And it kinda, sorta felt like riding a bike. A little bit, at least.  

Something about those bold black lines (once they dry) allows for more freedom in laying down juicy splotches of paint. It's like having training wheels on your bike, or something. 

I don't quite understand it, but I'm going to see where this ride takes me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

More About the Sally Project

I met Sally forty years ago when I was twenty and she was the one in her sixties. I was a waitress at a Howard Johnson’s restaurant on...