Sunday, March 7, 2021

More Fun with Stick and Ink

 

Poppies and Purples, 7" x 11' ink and watercolor, Legion Stonehenge Aqua w/c paper, 100% cotton hot press

I know--I've been stuck in a groove with this series of ink and w/c paintings, using a stick to make the ink lines and then the limited color palette mentioned last time

And believe me, plenty of doubts run through my mind, like "They look like gaudy wallpaper or fabric designs" and "They all look alike" and "These aren't really paintings" and "When are you going to get off this jag and go back to not using ink?" 

But the truth is...they're fun! And they give me joy. That's my story and I'm sticking to it. For now. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

More About the Sally Project

I met Sally forty years ago when I was twenty and she was the one in her sixties. I was a waitress at a Howard Johnson’s restaurant on...