Thursday, February 15, 2024

Nope

 

Outside Gilroy
8" x 8" watercolor
Arches 100% cotton hot press paper

Sadly, I do not think this one will make the cut in my series of mid-view compositions with flowers in the forefront. I like the initial composition better that I painted last year in May, 2023.  

I remember how seeing these flowers against the tree and hillside that day at a garlic shop outside of Gilroy That scene left me so breathless. So I'll likely try it again sometime. 

But for now, the May 2023 version is the clear winner. 

At the time, I didn't want to cut that one out of my sketchbook, but since then I've decided my sketchbooks don't have to be so sacrosanct. If something in them wants to jump out and be framed, so be it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

More About the Sally Project

I met Sally forty years ago when I was twenty and she was the one in her sixties. I was a waitress at a Howard Johnson’s restaurant on...