Saturday, November 4, 2023

Renegade

 

Bougainvillea Time Again
4" x 6" watercolor

This one had a mind of its own. I wanted it to be a fairly literal close-up of a few bougainvillea petals backlit by the sun. But the brush ran away with it before I could pencil anything in. This was after I'd drawn and then painted a very tight, composition of a few geranium leaves and petals--a painting not fit to publish. It is as if my psyche said "Enough!" afterward and hid the pencil for this one. "No more tight sketches that lead to tight paintings. Just paint!" 

I think I kind of like this. I definitely had more fun with it.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

More About the Sally Project

I met Sally forty years ago when I was twenty and she was the one in her sixties. I was a waitress at a Howard Johnson’s restaurant on...