Monday, May 22, 2023

Better...?

Iris
9" x 9" watercolor
Arches 100% hot press w/c paper

It's still not there, but I think I like this one better than the last. I used Clear Violet and Permanent Magenta (Mission), which are more transparent, to lay down a unifying wash on the petals. I also used Cerulean Blue (Mission) for the sky and to mix the greens. Also a bit of Cadmium Yellow (Winsor Newton), which I rarely use because of its opacity but it seemed called for here. I simplified and abstracted the background. I think there's more transparency and color harmony.  

Put on your sunglasses! It's bright. But I like bright. There's enough darkness in the world. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

More About the Sally Project

I met Sally forty years ago when I was twenty and she was the one in her sixties. I was a waitress at a Howard Johnson’s restaurant on...