Saturday, April 24, 2021

Not as Mini

"Monterey 'Scape," 7.5"x7.5" watercolor on Arches 100% cotton rough press w/c paper

So I took more time with this one but here's the paradox: I like the quick mini-paintings much better -- especially the one of the Lone Cypress tree that I posted a few days ago. C'est la vie.

I wanted to make it looser, more impressionistic, but everything tightened up awfully quickly, and the added pencil lines don't help. 

One thing I'm noticing these days, though: less focus on the disappointment I feel when I produce something I don't love, and more excitement for what might be just around the corner. 

Realizing it more and more: the failures are so necessary. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

More About the Sally Project

I met Sally forty years ago when I was twenty and she was the one in her sixties. I was a waitress at a Howard Johnson’s restaurant on...