Wednesday, April 21, 2021

Inspiration

 

"The Lone Cypress of Pebble Beach," 5 x 7.5" watercolor on Arches 100% cotton rough w/c paper

Inspired by a short video from watercolor artist Birgit O'Connor on creating mini-paintings (there is so much available on the web for free!) I made these two sketches early this a.m. 

We'd returned yesterday from a trip to the Monterey area, and I wanted to paint while the trip was fresh in my mind.

Will these little sketches give me the courage to try more finished paintings of the same scenes? 

Stay tuned, folks. 

"Monterey," 5 x 7.5" watercolor on Arches 100% cotton rough w/c paper

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

More About the Sally Project

I met Sally forty years ago when I was twenty and she was the one in her sixties. I was a waitress at a Howard Johnson’s restaurant on...