Wednesday, April 14, 2021

Another Keeper

 

"Forest Floor," 7.5" x 7.5" watercolor on Arches 100% cold press w/c paper

As with "Poppy Pleasure," I may have to keep and frame this one, as it too makes me deeply happy. 

I test these paintings out by taping them to the wall above my desk. After a couple of weeks, I know which ones touch me the most. Most don't, just FYI. I'd say 1 out of 10...and that's if I'm lucky. But I've heard much more accomplished, seasoned artists say that, so I guess that's the life of the artist. 

"Intermittent reinforcement," it's called in behavioral psychology circles--the most addictive kind of reinforcement. 

I don't mind. There are worse addictions. This one is the gift that keeps on giving...as long as you keep making stuff, something's bound to please you. Eventually. 

(I painted this from a photo I took several weeks ago at Filoli Gardens in Woodside, CA. What a beautiful place to return to again and again!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

More About the Sally Project

I met Sally forty years ago when I was twenty and she was the one in her sixties. I was a waitress at a Howard Johnson’s restaurant on...