Sunday, February 16, 2020

Relieved

Onion and Yam Conversation I
Ink and w/c
6 x 9", Arches Hot Press w/c paper

After wrestling with my attempts to control the Cheetah painting, it was such a relief to attend another three-hour workshop taught by Emily Weil yesterday at the Frank Bette Center for the Arts.  


Onion and Yam Conversation II
Ink and w/c
6 x 9", Arches Hot Press w/c paper

Emily helped chase my control blues away. This time she had us using sticks to apply ink (I used black acrylic ink by Daler/Rowney), let it dry a few minutes, and then add watercolor from a palette of only three colors by Daniel Smith: quinacridone magenta, hansa yellow light, and pthalo blue (green shade). 

Onion and Yam Conversation III
Ink and w/c
6 x 9" Arches Hot Press w/c paper
Emily is so permission-giving as a teacher/artist. I highly recommend her as an instructor. In fact, she's leading a retreat this summer in the North Woods in Wisconsin. Be sure to check it out! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

More About the Sally Project

I met Sally forty years ago when I was twenty and she was the one in her sixties. I was a waitress at a Howard Johnson’s restaurant on...