Tuesday, February 18, 2020

More Caughtness and Relief

Cherry Study II
Ink and w/c
6 x 9" Arches 100% cotton hot press paper


More caughtness and more relief. Relief is on top--something I created this afternoon with some ink followed by juicy w/w washes...after the a.m. caughtness on bottom -- those washes just didn't want to dance for me. Or I guess it's more accurate to admit that I didn't LET them dance. But once again, I learned something: when doing a wash over a wash, the bottom wash should loose its sheen before adding more paint--otherwise the top layer can spread too much. Also, it can help to use more paint (but still not too much paint) in the top wash than in the bottom wash. 

Maybe I also am partial to the washes that can happen on hot press paper??? Stay tuned on that one. 

Cherry Study I
Watercolor
7 x 10" Arches 100% cotton cold press paper

No comments:

Post a Comment

More About the Sally Project

I met Sally forty years ago when I was twenty and she was the one in her sixties. I was a waitress at a Howard Johnson’s restaurant on...