Monday, September 23, 2019

Fortifying

Iowa Oak
Ink and watercolor
Dylusions Creative Journal

Loving our new California landscape but also missing the sights and sounds of the Midwest, so the three-week trip back home was fortifying, visiting family and friends in various places, listening to the sounds of the prairie and woods: hissing grasshoppers, chirping crickets, buzzing cicadas, scolding katydids. Those warm September days and cool nights. That humidity. Those beautiful puffy clouds and lovely sunsets. 

Yes. All very fortifying and renewing. I have returned with an eagerness to resume my learning curve in art so that I can draw and paint and wonder over nature's beauty no matter where I am. 

Bring it on.

No comments:

Post a Comment

More About the Sally Project

I met Sally forty years ago when I was twenty and she was the one in her sixties. I was a waitress at a Howard Johnson’s restaurant on...