Monday, April 22, 2024

Spring Flowers

 

Tulips at Reimans 
8" x 10" watercolor
Arches 100% cotton cold press paper

I painted this from a reference photo I took at Reiman Gardens while visiting Ames, Iowa last week. Shari Blaukopf's new online course, "Sketching Spring Flowers," gave me inspiration and help with new techniques. I highly recommend her courses.  

I so love her loose style, and as you can see, mine is too controlled. Funny thing is, I tried a second version and...guess what? Even less spontaneous. But the second one makes me like the first more. Funny how that works.  

Tulips at Reimans2
8" x 10" watercolor
Arches 100% cotton cold press paper 




No comments:

Post a Comment

More About the Sally Project

I met Sally forty years ago when I was twenty and she was the one in her sixties. I was a waitress at a Howard Johnson’s restaurant on...