Thursday, October 12, 2023

Another Version

 

Poppies in the Grass2
7" x 7" watercolor
Arches 100% cold press paper

Wanted to circle back to this composition, which I first painted in my sketchbook in June (see second painting in that post). 

This top one is still direct, but more defined. It's not as loose and free-flowing as the initial painting, but it does seem to pass the wall test. That is, it's been taped to my studio wall for a few weeks, and it does look good from a distance. That's something. 

The one below is looser and looks pretty good up close, but not as good from a distance. 

Of course you want something to read well both from afar and up close. Right? Or maybe I am just making that up. 







No comments:

Post a Comment

More About the Sally Project

I met Sally forty years ago when I was twenty and she was the one in her sixties. I was a waitress at a Howard Johnson’s restaurant on...