Sunday, June 18, 2023

ChatGPT: I Have Something You Don't Have

 

8" x 8 watercolor
Cold Press w/c paper

A while ago I posted a rendition of this composition that was partially constructed with the help of my son and ChatGPT. 

Today as part of my 30x30DirectWatercolor challenge, I decided to revisit the photo I took last fall of these coneflowers back in Iowa. The final painting is above.

I'd just watched a demo by the quirky watercolor instructor Nitan Singh, called "This Exercise Will Transform You." In this demo, Singh quickly paints a tree during which he tells us his mindset is that he'll create a great painting that others will admire. Then he paints another tree during which he paints with an attitude of fun, love, and joy (my words). As he paints this second tree, his voice fills with such enthusiasm that you can't help but want to get out your art supplies.

Which I did, and this is my result. 

So take that, ChatGPT. Yours may still be better--?--but I had something you can never have when I created this painting: love and joy. 

And I'll always still have those feelings when I look at this page in my sketchbook. 

So there.  


No comments:

Post a Comment

More About the Sally Project

I met Sally forty years ago when I was twenty and she was the one in her sixties. I was a waitress at a Howard Johnson’s restaurant on...