Sunday, March 26, 2023

Washington Park

 

Washington Park
8" x 10" watercolor 
on Arches 100% cotton cold press

This painting took me four or five hours over two days to finish. Once again, right now I like better the value/color study for this painting (see below) a couple of days ago in about 20 minutes. What the heck? 

I'll try it again in a few months when theoretically I've learned how to loosen up and not over-paint. Or maybe with time I'll learn to like it better. That does happen sometimes.

The live oaks were so beautiful the day I took the photo last week. Rains had streaked them almost black. That's what made me snap the photo, though I always love the way the oaks frame this little building in Washington Park. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

More About the Sally Project

I met Sally forty years ago when I was twenty and she was the one in her sixties. I was a waitress at a Howard Johnson’s restaurant on...