Thursday, March 9, 2023

Ice Plant Season

 

Ice Plant Color Study
5" x 5" watercolor
Arches 100% cotton w/c paper

It's an invasive plant with shallow roots that can cause erosion along the coast. But it's ice plant season, and I so love the hot pink flowers against the bright green succulent fingers. 

And--can I brag? I think this is a much better rendition than the one I posted two years ago. Maybe I am making progress, after all. It doesn't always feel like it, but once in a while you do notice that you might be heading upward on that learning curve.

This one is a study for a larger painting. Wish me luck. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

More About the Sally Project

I met Sally forty years ago when I was twenty and she was the one in her sixties. I was a waitress at a Howard Johnson’s restaurant on...