Monday, November 7, 2022

Last Call for the Cones--For Now

 

Last Call for the Cones
Watercolor and Ink
on Fluid Cold Press paper

It's just hard to let go of fall. These were cones I'd spotted in Iowa in October, just before a frost. But even out here in northern CA, the last-call-for-fall cues are here: the red sweet gum tree leaves are starting to lose their luster. And it'll be dark tonight by 5:15. 

Hang on--we're going to need all the color we can get. That's why I've been lingering over these pinks and purples the past week. But it's time to move on. And we're starting to get some rain out here. And that's a good thing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

More About the Sally Project

I met Sally forty years ago when I was twenty and she was the one in her sixties. I was a waitress at a Howard Johnson’s restaurant on...