Thursday, July 14, 2022

Another Do-Again

Garden Selfie2
10" x 14" watercolor
Arches 100% cotton cold press paper

Here's another version of a painting I created in June. At the time I wondered if my appreciation of that painting would last. It did. So much that I framed it and gave it away as a housewarming gift--with just a twinge of regret because I felt it might be one of my better paintings yet. 

I decided to paint it again and work a little harder on working some interesting shapes into the background with negative painting. I achieved that goal, but, alas, the flower itself is more pleasing in the first painting. Plus the first painting has more warmth to it, while this one is colder, darker. 

Here's the first painting below. See what I mean? So yes, I miss that painting, but I am happy that the friends I gave it to seem to appreciate it. May it lend its warmth to their beautiful new home. 










 

No comments:

Post a Comment

More About the Sally Project

I met Sally forty years ago when I was twenty and she was the one in her sixties. I was a waitress at a Howard Johnson’s restaurant on...