Saturday, January 15, 2022

A Lot to Learn

Big Sur Study #1
5" x 8" watercolor on Arches 100% cotton cold press paper

Oh, my, yes, there's such a lot to learn re: portraying rocky coastlines. As an Iowa girl, until three years ago I had no idea I'd have plenty of opportunities just ahead to get to the Pacific coast. We're just back from a few days around Monterey, Carmel, and the top of Big Sur at Point Lobos State Park, just south of Carmel. I did some sketching of the water and took reference photos. There's a lot of work ahead, but just for posterity's sake, here's a record of the beginning of the learning curve re: waves and rocks.  


Big Sur Study #2
5" x 8" watercolor on Arches 100% cotton cold press paper


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

More About the Sally Project

I met Sally forty years ago when I was twenty and she was the one in her sixties. I was a waitress at a Howard Johnson’s restaurant on...