Tuesday, October 6, 2020

Flying Above It All

 Lake Merritt, Oakland
8" x 12" Watercolor and Gouache
on Arches 100% cotton cold pressed paper

Like everyone else during this time of poor air quality and still-sheltering-mostly-in-place in the SF/Bay area, I'm missing the ease of what used to be...like walking around Lake Merritt, which seems too crowded these days, and playing gin rummy with my husband at the Lake Chalet outdoor bar, next to the lake.   

Today, it helped to paint this scene. What caught my eye when I took the photo months ago were those birds, flying above it all. May we all find that place within that lets us fly above it all. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

More About the Sally Project

I met Sally forty years ago when I was twenty and she was the one in her sixties. I was a waitress at a Howard Johnson’s restaurant on...