Tuesday, September 29, 2020

Good Job, Tree...and Thank You

 

"Good Job"
8.25" x 9.25" watercolor
on Arches 100% cotton cold press paper

I walk by this tree daily and tell it "Good job" and "thank you."  We can't take these friendly giants for granted anymore. Just ask any Californian. 

My something-is-better-than-nothing sketchbook practice paid off. Practicing the composition and color study in my sketchbook gave me the mojo yesterday to start a more finished, stand-alone painting, which I completed this a.m.  

I hope eventually I'll have more technical skills for rendering a more pleasing version of this tree, but for now, I'll just keep loving my friendly neighborhood giant. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

More About the Sally Project

I met Sally forty years ago when I was twenty and she was the one in her sixties. I was a waitress at a Howard Johnson’s restaurant on...