Tuesday, September 22, 2020

Back to Home Base: the Sketchbook

 

Tennesse Valley Cove, Sept. 19, 2020 ink and watercolor sketch
in Handbook Journal, "Large Portrait" size, 8.25" x 5.5" 

Lately it has felt really good to get back to my roots.  

I'm talking about the sketchbook. The illustrated journal. Words and pictures.

I'll always be grateful for Danny Gregory's book, Creative License: Giving Yourself Permission to Be the Artist You Truly Are, for getting me started on my words and pictures journey. I highly recommend this book to anyone who needs a jump start into making art. 

My own journey has recently veered off into just pictures (i.e., stand-alone paintings), but I will always come back, at least sometimes, to words and pictures. I simply love that combination. 

It's home base. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

More About the Sally Project

I met Sally forty years ago when I was twenty and she was the one in her sixties. I was a waitress at a Howard Johnson’s restaurant on...