Tuesday, April 7, 2020

Sudden Abundance


Very suddenly this week, near the Crown Beach Memorial State Beach shelter in Alameda, these big bushes are full of yellow blossoms.  That's how it is out here: the flowers just seem to appear overnight and then after a few days they disappear. I suppose it's that way in the Midwest, too, but I was more used to the spring drill back in Iowa, where I lived for 60+ years until last year....


Here's a photo (below) of a flowering bush. I don't know the name of it. It's like a forsythia bush in the Midwest but with much larger flowers. 

Who knows what's next? It's spring, and nature is full of abundance, no matter what else is going on. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

More About the Sally Project

I met Sally forty years ago when I was twenty and she was the one in her sixties. I was a waitress at a Howard Johnson’s restaurant on...