Sunday, February 23, 2020

Still Kinda Caught


Yep. Still kinda caught in that no-man's land I've been talking about, but still learning. I knew my reference photo probably didn't have enough dark/light contrasts, and I don't feel skilled enough yet to make them up.  Consequently the largest flowers in the forefront are less interesting than they should be. I find the right side of the composition more interesting than the left. That's why I'll fold this in half length-wise and make a greeting card out of it. Viewer will see the right side first. 

I make cards out of many (okay, most) of the paintings I create. They're not suitable for framing, but they're fun to send as cards. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

More About the Sally Project

I met Sally forty years ago when I was twenty and she was the one in her sixties. I was a waitress at a Howard Johnson’s restaurant on...