Tuesday, November 26, 2019

Rains Are Coming

"Rains are Moving In"
8x8" watercolor
Grumbacher cold press paper

More from Ted Orland's The View from the Studio Door: How Artists Find Their Way In An Uncertain World (Image Continuum Press, 2006): "Most of the individual art pieces you produce along the way...will never even be seen by the outside world--and perhaps surprisingly, that's exactly the way things are meant to be....Looking back over a pile of early pieces, you come to realize that it's the ninety-nine percent you never show others that laid the groundwork for the one percent that soar.

With this blog of I am sharing pieces that most artists would never show. I hope my not-quite-there efforts will inspire others to at least give an art learning curve a try. Because for some of us, life is just better when we make art, however flawed the final product.

No comments:

Post a Comment

More About the Sally Project

I met Sally forty years ago when I was twenty and she was the one in her sixties. I was a waitress at a Howard Johnson’s restaurant on...