Wednesday, August 7, 2019

Hydrangeas


Kinda miss those old days of drawing with abandon and once in a while having the happy accident of making something that pleased me…but without really knowing why or how. For the past couple of months I’ve been taking a weekly watercolor class and slowly building up a foundation of knowledge about watercolor. I appreciate the learning, but it can seem like the more I learn, the worse my w/c paintings get.


Take this one, for instance, on which I spent more time than normal, adding layers and layers to the point of overkill. Good thing I know this is all part of the learning process. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

More About the Sally Project

I met Sally forty years ago when I was twenty and she was the one in her sixties. I was a waitress at a Howard Johnson’s restaurant on...