Saturday, March 9, 2019

Dragon Dance

From the Dragon Dance at the Alameda Farmers' Market on February 16, 2019. I waited two weeks to decide whether to add the black pen--I didn't feel the dragon was recognizable without it, though I'm sure not sure the lines help. I'm opposed to using black for definition, but one day I'll be able to represent something with just brushes and paint when I want to. (Kinda happy with the bystanders, though.)

It was rainy, cloudy, and wet that day...as it has continued to be since. I so appreciated the color in these costumes, and the work and creativity that so many people shared with us to celebrate the Chinese New Years, especially on such a gray day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

More About the Sally Project

I met Sally forty years ago when I was twenty and she was the one in her sixties. I was a waitress at a Howard Johnson’s restaurant on...