Wednesday, May 30, 2018

Slippin' Lady Revisted

Lady Slipper 4
Watercolor and pencil
In 5.5 x 8.5" Canson Montval Watercolor Sketchbook


Well, I had to give it one more shot last night while sitting on the porch and listening to a storm rolling in. Tried to incorporate what I learned with previous versions
not too heavy on the line (I did use some pencil but look, Ma, no ink!), simplify the background, and keep it a little looser. I've tested a few people's opinions, and so far Lady Slipper 3 (the gouache version) is the favorite, but this one, Lady Slipper 4, is mine. 




But this fact remains: none of these versions touches my heart as much as does peeking at the real thing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

More About the Sally Project

I met Sally forty years ago when I was twenty and she was the one in her sixties. I was a waitress at a Howard Johnson’s restaurant on...