Wednesday, March 21, 2018

Time to Practice


Color. Composition. Values. Intensity. I have so much to learn. But it really is a matter of practice and experimentation. Michelangelo is said to have told an apprentice, "Draw, Antonio, draw, and do not waste time." After last week's "Gouache on the Go" workshop with artist Larisa Aukon at the Scottsdale Art School, I see and feel right now how much work I have to do. But the nice part is that I feel I have new tools to do it with. 

Nothing can take the place of a comment here and there from an accomplished instructor/artist. A little bit of encouragement, a little bit of correction...it all goes a long way.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

More About the Sally Project

I met Sally forty years ago when I was twenty and she was the one in her sixties. I was a waitress at a Howard Johnson’s restaurant on...